Guide to Taxes for Your Corporation

If you have a corporation, you will likely need to file a special type of return. And of course, there are a complex set of rules to keep in mind.

So to help things out, I’ve put together this guide.

If you have an LLC and are the sole owner, then you will include a Schedule C with your 1040:

What Is a Schedule C?

Or, if you have multiple members in the LLC, then you will have to file a 1065 form:

What Is a 1065 Return?

While not as common, you may instead have a C Corporation or an S Corporation. If you have a C Corporation, then you’ll file a Form 1120:

What Is Form 1120?

And yes, if you have an S Corporation, then you will file a Form 1120S:

What Is a Form 1120S?